Writing a Persuasive Speech
Your speech will attempt to persuade Congress and the people of the United States to either go to war or encourage peace.
The facts of the situation are these:
• There is a dangerous rebel organization in the country of Aggressivia, an ally of the United States.
• The Aggressivian Government has been trying to start peace talks with the rebel leaders, but the rebel leaders have not agreed to this yet.
• This rebel organization has threatened the stability of the government in Aggressivia, and they asked for aid from United States.
• Now the rebel organization has begun a terrorist campaign against citizens of the United States. If the United States supports the Aggressivian Government, the rebels say they will launch attacks to kill thousands of US citizens.
• The cost of war involves raising taxes to support the military and sending US soldiers into Aggressivia to fight the rebels.
Ultimately, your persuasive speech needs to show your answer to the Essential Knowledge Question.
This speech should be between 400-600 words in length. Your final draft should be saved and submitted as .doc or .pdf file. It should be in 12-point font in Times New Roman.
10% of your grade will be on grammar and mechanics. Write as clearly and correctly as you can. This means that 90% of your grade is based on your ideas - ¬ however, you will not earn an A if you do not proofread carefully and check for errors.