Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
??????? ??????? ????????
??????? ???????? ???????????
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Management of Technology (MGT 325)
Due Date: 12/11/2022 @ 23:59
Course Name: Management of Technology Student’s Name:
Course Code: MGT325 Student’s ID Number:
Semester: 1st Term-Semester-1 CRN: 14838
For Instructor’s Use only
Instructor’s Name: Dr. Mohammed Mallick
Students’ Grade: 00 /15 Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
• The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
• Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
• Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
• Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
• Late submission will NOT be accepted.
• Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
• All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
• Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Course Learning Outcomes-Covered
? Explain of the concepts, models for formulating strategies, defining the organizational strategic directions and crafting a deployment strategy.
Schilling M.A (2020),Strategic Management of Technology Innovation (6th Edition). Mc-Graw Hill Education. Electronic Version: ISBN-13: 978-1260087956 ISBN-10: 1260087956, Printed Version: ISBN-13: 978-1260087956 ISBN-10: 1260087956
Assignment 2 Weight: 15 Marks
Students are requested to read chapter 9 “Protecting Innovation” from their book Strategic Management of Technological Innovation.
Based on the conceptual knowledge and understanding obtained from the readings: -
1 -Select a world-renowned company give a brief introduction and identify the legal protection mechanisms (patents copyright, trademarks & service marks) used by it to safeguard its innovations. (5 Marks) (Max 750- Min 500 Words)
2 - What factors do you believe influenced the choice of protection mechanisms used to safeguard its innovations? Do you think the strategy was a good choice?
(5 Marks) (Max 750 - Min 500 Words)
3- With a thorough research of your selected company identify and explain an incident when trade secrets were more useful than the legal protection measures identified above. (5 Marks) (Max 750 - Min 500 Words)
? Only reading the textbook will not be enough to score grades or answer the questions appropriately.
? Do adhere to the word limit strictly, mere one or two sentence answers will not be entertained, they need to be supported with further explanation and facts.
? It is mandatory to support each answer with at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journals.
? All students are encouraged to use their own words.
? Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines.
? Use proper referencing (APA style) to reference, other styles will not be accepted.
? Support your submission with course material concepts, principles, and theories from the textbook and at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles unless the assignment calls for more.
? It is strongly encouraged that you submit all assignments into the safe assignment Originality Check prior to submitting it to your instructor for grading and review the grading rubric to understand how you will be graded for this assignment.