ESSAY 40% 2000 WORDSDUE 28 OCTOBER
Assessment Task Four: NOTE In 2022 this essay is due in Week 12
The essay will critically evaluate a broad understanding of couples counselling. It will explore and evaluate approaches towards assessment, case conceptualisation and treatment, focussing on contemporary relationship issues that typically present. A number of theoretical perspectives will be introduced and various skills, techniques interventions will be explored, linking theory to practice. There will also be an emphasis on the ethical issues specific to couples counselling, and integration of culturally sensitive practice and the Christian perspective as appropriate.
The purpose of this assessment is to meet the learning outcomes in a summative formation of understanding to equip counsellors with the knowledge and skills to apply couple counselling.
1. Evaluate relationship assessments to determine a range of presenting issues and plan for treatment
2. Develop foundational knowledge of contemporary presenting issues and their impact on relational dynamics, applying a culturally sensitive lens
3. Critically analyse theoretical models specific to pre-marital and couples counselling, including Christian perspectives with sound theological reflection
4. Apply a range of counselling skills, techniques and interventions when working with couples
5. Integrate key ethical principles into relationship counselling practice