Due Date: Friday of Week 11 Word Count: 1500-1700 words
The assessment will require you to research and review the welfare law and its application in practice for one of the following vulnerable client groups:
• Mental health inpatients requiring protection of their human rights;
• Children requiring protection from parental abuse;
• People with a disability requiring protection from discrimination in the workplace;
• Elderly requiring protection from financial abuse.
Your essay must include the following:
• Analysis of the reasons why legal protection is needed;
• Overview of the relevant principles of welfare law;
• Critique of the current application of the law.
Your essay must be based on a review of the literature and should include at least 8 current peer-reviewed (scholarly) journal articles or book chapters. This is in addition to any textbook, websites or other references you use. You must use APA 7 Referencing.
The format of your essay will be discussed in greater detail during tutorials.
Do NOT utilise sources such as www.tutor2u.com and other such web materials as these in no way constitute academic references for the purpose of your assignments. If you rely on such sources for theoretical support, you will be deemed NOT to have met the requirements of the assessment.
Criteria Weighting 100% HD D C P
Analysis of literature on topic 20%
Conclusions derived from analysis 20%
Explanation of the relevant welfare law relating to the chosen group 25%
Use and depth of research 20%
Structure and presentation 10%