International business management assignment on Hilton Food Group Plc. Need grade 55+ thanks
Marks and Feedback
Before 10am on:
20 working days after deadline (L4, 5 and 7)
15 working days after deadline (L6)
10 working days after deadline (block delivery)
Click or tap to enter a date.
Unit title & code
International Business Management BSS044-3
Assignment number and title
Weighting of assessment
Size or length of assessment
Unit learning outcomes
1. Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding
• To demonstrate understanding of how international businesses operate within their strategic context
2. Demonstrate the following skills and abilities
• To use appropriate research concepts and frameworks to evaluate international business practice
What am I required to do in this assignment?
Apply your understanding of international business, market selection and entry modes to a specific organisation, Hilton Food Group Plc. Your report must be written about this organisation. You must seek approval from the Unit Coordinator AJ – email@example.com if you wish to use a different UK uk company other than the one allocated to you. Please specify your reasons for doing so.
You must evaluate the organisation’s current international strategy and recommend a new market to enter, the optimal entry mode to be used and any other relevant information you deem important.
Specifically, you should make sure you include, at minimum:
• An evaluation of the current international strategy of the organisation
• A justified recommendation for a suitable new market to enter with supporting evidence and reasoning
• A justified recommendation for a suitable entry mode to use with supporting evidence and reasoning
You will need to utilise both theoretical knowledge and necessary frameworks/tools relevant to the assessment alongside strong consideration of practical issues and potential obstacles. You need to apply your research skills to find information and literature on your selected company and potential markets.
You should also consider and discuss any relevant global trends that may affect international expansion for your chosen business, including but not limited to Brexit, the impact of Covid-19 and changing global trade trends.
1. The balance between market analysis and the actual planning/recommendations– ensure that your work is balanced with regards to analysis and recommendations. For example, do not use a lot of words summarising the analysis, at the expense of developing your recommendations and considering potential issues.
2. Clarity – planning needs to be very specific; stating that you will entry country X using entry mode Y is not enough. You need to explain the rationale behind your choices, the academic tools/frameworks used, the issues that you took into consideration and also demonstrate that you have given some thought to the implementation and implications of your recommendations.
3. Academic content – you are expected to include academic material into your report rather than relying upon online sources alone. You need to demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical background of international business through your citation of relevant academic content.
4. Executive summary – an executive summary should be written in a way that allows the executive who reads it to know what the problem is and how it is to be solved. Essentially, it is a summary of your problem statement, objectives and how to achieve them (i.e. how to solve the problem).
5. Secondary data use – Analysis should be supported with secondary data (from the literature). You should demonstrate wider reading and acknowledge the sources of your information, both in the main body and in your bibliography. Information pertaining to the potential markets and selected company should be sourced from reliable sources rather than through general web search, you should speak to an Academic Librarian if you require assistance with this.
6. Presentation and structure – to achieve an excellent grade, your presentation needs to be immaculate – this includes numbering tables, referencing correctly etc. Do not present a lot of data and information in tables as appendices. Data or statistics that refer directly to your discussion in the main body, should be presented in the main body.
7. Tables and figures – tables and figures need to be numbered and each should have a title that is self-explanatory. Your analytical content must be high, demonstrating critical thinking and the ability to apply relevant marketing concepts
8. Word limit – 3,000 words. This will exclude your references in the executive summary, reference list, title page, table of contents and the appendices. Please, note that your cover page must have your Full Name and ID Number.
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
Show sufficient knowledge of how international businesses operate within their strategic context. Use appropriate research concepts and frameworks to evaluate and appraise international business practice.
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
We will be filling this section in together in class on Click or tap to enter a date. make sure you have downloaded/printed out the Assignment Brief and bring it to the session with you.
How does assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
We will discuss and explore conditions for international market entry in scheduled sessions, developing and refining our knowledge regarding market analysis, entry modes and other related academic theories, models and concepts. You should develop this body of knowledge and apply to your individual reports.
How will my assignment be marked?
Your assignment will be marked according to the threshold expectations and the criteria on the following page.
You can use them to evaluate your own work and consider your grade before you submit.
3rd Class – 40-49%
Lower 2nd – 50-59%
Upper 2nd – 60-69%
1st Class – 70%+
Knowledge and Understanding (30%) Some use of academic literature but with limited logical interrelation with the problem set. Limited use of relevant course concepts, models or theories. Very limited understanding of the industry in which the chosen organization operates within. Limited or no awareness of the strategic context within which the international business operates. Minimum of 2 or more entry modes discussed with some errors and/or omissions. Fair use of academic literature but lack of depth/connect to problem set. Some use of course concepts, models and theories. Little understanding of the industry in which the chosen organization operates within. Limited awareness of the strategic context within which the international business operates. 3 or more entry modes discussed with minor errors and/or omissions. Good use of academic literature, good use of course concepts, models and theories but lacking in depth and/or breadth. Some understanding of the industry and strategic context within which the chosen organization operates. Multiple entry modes discussed with general accuracy. Very good use of academic literature in connection to problem set and excellent overall application of multiple course concepts, models and theories. Clear and proficient understanding of the industry and strategic context within which the chosen organization operates. Multiple entry modes discussed with accuracy.
Research Quality (30%) Poor quality of research with low-quality sources used. Poor input into discussion and conclusion of report. Fair quality of research but limited in scope or depth, limited input into discussion and conclusion of report. Good quality of research with reasonable input into discussion and conclusion of report. May be limited in scope/depth. Excellent quality and range of research demonstrated, with clear input into discussion and conclusion of report.
Structure and Discussion (30%) Poor structure and design with a reasonable flow of ideas. Individual points made with little connective tissue in constructing persuasive argument. Fair structure and design. Individual points have some connection with attempt at a persuasive overall argument. Well-structured arguments and design with reasonable flow of the report. Well-structured arguments with good design of the sections with good flow of ideas.
Presentation and Referencing (10%) No report structure used or a very poor, disjointed report structure utilised. Referencing present but frequent errors. Reference list utilizes some references detailed in the unit reference list.
Report structure used by with errors and/or poor implementation. Referencing present but some errors. Reference list includes some references from those detailed in the unit reading list. Formal report structure used for the most part of the assessment. Mostly accurate referencing. Reference list includes a good number of references from those detailed in the unit reading list. Formal report structure and format used consistently throughout the assessment. Accurate referencing. The reference list includes many sources as detailed in the unit reading list.