This assignment seeks to differentiate between ethics and legality in project management
Unit 4 Assignment: Code of Ethics, UCC, FAR, Contract Law Composition
In this assignment, you will be assessed based on the following Outcome:
GM594-4: Differentiate between ethics and legality in project management.
In this assignment, you will prepare a training document for project managers that summarizes important ethical guidelines and legal requirements pertinent to their role. From an ethics perspective, the project manager should make decisions that prioritize the needs of the customer. The Project Management Institute (PMI) promotes the following values: responsibility, respect, fairness, and honesty.
Prepare a 5–7-page current APA style composition paper in which you summarize each of the following and describe how it relates to Project Management:
1. The Project Management Institute Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility (Project Management Institute)
2. The Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
3. Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
4. Contract Law
• Title page formatted in current APA style with the following information: Title of the paper, your name, course number and section number, and date.
• A table of contents using the following headers: Introduction, PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility, Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Contract Law, Conclusion, and References.
• A minimum of three scholarly journal and textbook source references cited and credited according to current APA formatting style using a minimum of six in-text citations. With help with APA, go to the Writing Center under Academic Tools.
• The paper should be focused and to the point, containing between 600–800 words (at least 5-pages) specific to the table of contents items, excluding references.
Project Management Institute (PMI). (n.d.). Code of ethics and professional conduct. http://www.pmi.org/about/ethics/code