Course/Programme: BA (Hons) Business Studies with Foundation
Foundation Year 0 (Level 0)
Year 2 Level 4
Year 3 Level 5
Year 4 Level 6 Foundation Year 0 (Level 0)
Module Title: Integrated Professional Skills in Digital Age
Module Leader: Chandranna Rayadurg
Assignment title: Integrated Professional Skills in Digital Age
Assignment number: 1
Weighting: 100% of overall module grade
Date given out: March 2022
Submission date: 30th May 2022
For late submission, please check CCCU Taught regulation (page 28 on late submission) and Extenuating Policy: CCCU Taught regulation
CCCU Extenuating Circumstances Policy
Method of submission: x Online only Online and paper copy
Special instructions for submission (if any):
Date for results and feedback (please note the final grade is subject to the main CCCU assessment Board)
Learning outcomes assessed: LO1. Understand the key terms and considerations associated with using the internet
LO2. Take responsibility for personal security and privacy when using the internet
LO3. Develop online research skills
LO4. Develop digital communication skills
The penalty to be applied to late course work, which will include course work where the work is graded on a pass/fail basis and it is possible to give a numerical mark, will be 5 per cent (of the eligible marks) per day, for up to seven days, after which a mark of 0 will be recorded.
Information and Communication Technology (ICT) has become significantly important for digital businesses and has become even more imperative during the current pandemic. This is evident through the widespread use of cell phones, smart phones, emails, web conferencing, Internet and Cloud etc. However, it is not all the good news. There are challenges as well.
You are required to write a report on the following FOUR topics:
• Collaboration in workplace has significantly gained importance in recent times, especially during pandemic. Identify any TWO collaboration tools and discuss how they have helped businesses to survive the current pandemic reducing the physical contact among the participants.
• Cloud computing, cloud storage and ecommerce are becoming the new normal even in industries that, before the pandemic, seemed decades away from digitalisation. Discuss advantages, disadvantages, suitability, and applications of cloud storage and computing in improving digitalisation.
• As the global pandemic upended work and home routines, cyber attackers pounced. The year 2020 holds valuable lessons for cyber security as many workers enter hybrid arrangements, with home office becoming at least a partial fixture. No matter, what postpandemic world looks like, protecting people – wherever and however they work – will be an ongoing challenge. Identify privacy and security challenges and discuss what possible measures could be taken.
• During the conflict between the Russia and Ukraine, Russia is trying to develop their own internet, disconnecting from the global Internet, and controlling their local network on their own. Discuss the benefits and limitations of these networks.
Formatting and Report
Please note the following when completing your written assignment:
1. Writing: Written in English in an appropriate business/academic style 2. Focus: Focus only on the tasks set in the assignment.
3. Document format: Report
4. Ensure a clear title, course, and name or ID number is on a cover sheet and a reference using Harvard referencing throughout is also provided.
5. Research: Research should use reliable and relevant sources of information e.g. academic books and journals that have been peer reviewed. The research should be extensive.
The use of a range of information sources is expected – academic books, peer reviewed journal articles, professional articles, press releases and newspaper articles, reliable statistics, company annual reports and other company information. All referencing should be in Harvard style.
Please refer to CCCU General Assessment Grading Criteria and rubric
• Level 4
• Level 5
• Level 6
CCCU BA(Hons) Business Studies with Foundation Assessment Brief Template Page 4