Assessment Details and Submission Guidelines
Trimester T1 2022
Unit Code HC3152
Unit Title E-Business Applications
Assessment Type Individual assessment
Assessment Title Report: IT impact on business
Purpose of the assessment (with ULO
Mapping) As part of your assignment, you are required to develop a report-based essay on the following topic, with a focus on a business enterprise MNE of your own choice:
‘How e-commerce companies are using Artificial Intelligence to drive Higher Sales & User Experience.’
Students will be able to:
1. Critically analyse information technology issues for e-business and provide solutions to these issues using their knowledge of information technology and practical techniques in e-business applications.
2. Apply theoretical and practical knowledge of Information Technology in the leverage and adoption of e-business applications to provide competitive advantage and strategic solutions for businesses.
3. Understand the ICT profession in e-business
4. Communicate using effective oral and written communication tools, act in a professional manner
Review and describe the major privacy, legal, ethical and societal issues with respect to managing digital information and e-business
Weight 30% of the total marks
Total Marks 30
Word limit 1500-2000 words
Due Date Week 10 - Friday 11:59am
Submission Guidelines • All work must be submitted on Blackboard by the due date along with a completed Assignment Cover Page.
• The assignment must be in MS Word format, no spacing, 12-pt Arial font and 2 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings and page numbers.
Assignment 2 Specifications
The purpose of this assignment is research information about your chosen company or organisation, and address the following points, to produce a report.
Your report must address the following key areas. Your focus should be IT or Technology based. You may include graphics, tables and other animation to enhance your report.
Important Points to Address
1. Select an E-commerce business of your own choice. It must be either a well-known Australian company or well-known international business. For example, Amazon.com.
2. In the first part of your report, you will provide a Brief Overview of the current operation of your selected E-commerce store.
3. Why is the Artificial Intelligence important for your business survival?
4. How your chosen business uses Artificial Intelligence?
5. Conduct further research in the peer reviewed recent journal articles in ProQuest or other reputable journal database to find at least Five (5) relevant articles.
6. The ideas from these articles will be incorporated into your assignment.
7. An attachment to the assignment will list the correct Adapted Harvard referencing of each of the journal articles and a brief outline of the key points in the journal article that are relevant to the assignment. Do not summarise the journal article. Identify the key points and briefly describe them and their relevance to the assignment.
8. You should review and refine your refinement and polishing of the ideas and the communication of ideas, prior to the submission of the report.
Your report must lead to recommendations on how your selected E-Commerce store can become more effective through the use of internet technologies
You can choose your own organisation, as long as they are recognised as an MNE:
Marking criteria Weighting
Clear statement of purpose, clarity of methods and assumptions; systematic approach to project.
• Balanced coverage of each of the important points,
• Richness of analysis;
• Flow of ideas;
• Validity of objectives,
• Use of own insight and originality;
• Feasibility of recommendations and implementation consideration
3. Organization and Presentation:
Clarity of structure, quality of presentation, style and readability.
Title page, Table of contents, List of abbreviations and/or glossary,
Executive summary/abstract, Introduction, Body, Conclusion Recommendations, Bibliography, Appendices
4. Citation practice and Academic Integrity:
Appropriate citation of sources and evidences must be used. A Penalty of 10% may apply if Adapted Harvard Rules are not followed. Furthermore, there are other Academic Misconduct penalties which may also apply, if Academic Integrity rules are broken.
TOTAL Weight – Max 20 Marks 30%
Assessment Feedback to the Student – Feedback will appear in your Blackboard grade centre with your assignment mark.
• Save submission with your STUDENT ID NUMBER and UNIT CODE e.g., EMV54897 HC3152
• Submission must be in MICROSOFT WORD FORMAT ONLY
• Upload your submission to the appropriate link on Blackboard
• Please ensure your submission is the correct document.
• All submissions are automatically passed through SafeAssign to assess academic integrity.
• Where required, you must adhere to Adapted Harvard rules of in-text referencing and your reference list for your answers.
Homes Adapted Harvard Referencing
The following guidelines apply:
Holmes has now implemented a Holmes adapted Harvard approach to referencing:
1. Reference sources in assignments are limited to sources which provide full text access to the source’s content for lecturers and markers.
2. Your Reference list is to be located on a separate page at the end of the essay and titled: References.
3. It should include the details of all the in-text citations, arranged alphabetically A-Z by author surname. In addition, it MUST include a hyperlink to the full text of the cited reference source.
Hawking, P., McCarthy, B. and Stein, A. 2004. Second Wave ERP Education, Journal of
Information Systems Education, Fall, http://jise.org/Volume15/n3/JISEv15n3p327.pdf
4. All assignments will require additional in-text reference details which will consist of the surname of the author/authors or name of the authoring body, year of publication, page number of content, paragraph where the content can be found.
“The company decided to implement an enterprise wide data warehouse business intelligence strategy (Hawking et al, 2004, p3(4)).”
Adherence to Referencing Guidelines is Mandatory
If students do not follow the above guidelines:
5. Students who submit assignments which do not comply with the guidelines will incur penalties.
6. Students whose citations are fake will be reported for academic misconduct
The following guidelines apply:
Academic honesty is highly valued at Holmes Institute. Students must always submit work that represents their original words or ideas. If any words or ideas used in a class posting or assignment submission do not represent the student’s original words or ideas, the student must cite all relevant sources and make clear the extent to which such sources were used. Written Assignments that include material similar to course reading materials or other sources should include a citation including source, author, and page number.
In addition, written assignments that are similar or identical to those of another student in the class is also a violation of the Holmes Institute’s Academic Conduct and Integrity Policy. The consequence for a violation of this policy can incur a range of penalties varying from a 50% penalty through to suspension of enrolment.
The penalty would be dependent on the extent of academic misconduct and the student’s history of academic misconduct issues. All assessments will be automatically submitted to Self-Assign to assess
For further information and additional learning resources, students should refer to Blackboard etc.
------END OF DOCUMENT------