Not yet answered
Marked out of
F Hag question
Impacts of colonisation on health and wellbeing outcomes for tangata whenua
What are impacts that the colonisation process has had on health and wellbeing outcomes for tangata whenua. both historically and today?
Your answer must include at least two impacts of colonisation on health and wellbeing outcomes.
You can discuss the two impacts together or provide separate answers for each one.
Your answer must include:
• an explanation of each health and wellbeing outcome
• the impacts of the colonisation process on each health and wellbeing outcome, both historically (in the past), and today Note: Remember to record where you found your information at the end of your answer.
Big H7uhaVe the °f Colonisation for ,an9ata whenua affected or shaped the way that you support people in a health or ered S wellbeing setting?
ed out of Think about:
• How you have supported people in the past?
What you might do differently in the future?
Your answer should include examples from your own experiences in your role.
Investigate four community support services or resources that support tangata whenua They could be:
• a kaupapa Maori organisation
• an organisation centred around Whanau Ora
• an organisation that focuses on being responsive to Maon health and wellbeing
Explain how each of these services could assist tangata whenua by answering the questions for each organisation or support service:
• What is the organisation or support service?
• Is it a kaupapa Maori organisation, an organisation centred around Whanau Ora. or an organisation that focuses on being responsive to Maori health and wellbeing?
• What is its service philosophy?
• Where is it located?
• What services or resources does it offer?
• Who are the services or resources for?
• How can people access the services or resources?
• How can the service support the health and wellbeing of tangata whenua?
• Where did you find your information? (Provide links, references or upload files to Aka Toi.)
Note: You do not have to have any personal connection to the organisations or services you investigate, but they must be appropriate for and able to be accessed by the people you support/work alongside.
I What is its service philosophy?
Where is it located?
What services or resources does it offer?
Who are the services or resources for?
How can people access the services or resources?
How can The- service support the health and wellbeing of tangata whenua?
Where did you find your information?