Task: Critical reflection
Assessment format: Written response
Due date: Sunday 28th May, 2023 at 23:30 ACST.
The submission link will open on Monday 22nd May at 0800 ACST and will close on Sunday 28th May, 2023 at 23:30 ACST.
Length: 1500 words +/- 10%. Reference list is NOT included in the word count
For this task, you are required to identify two personal experiences of caring for an elderly person or a person with a long-term condition. These experiences may include patients from your recent clinical placement, employment, or your own family.
Each experience must include reflective analysis that demonstrates how your thinking or assumptions have been challenged, what deeper insights you have gained, and what questions have emerged from your reflections, and how you will apply this thinking to future professional and leadership roles. It is essential that your analysis reflects engagement with the academic literature. In your reflection, critically discuss the leadership responsibility of the registered nurse in promoting healthy ageing and providing care for the older person or person with long term conditions. You may include strategies for countering ageism, developing innovative approaches to and advocacy for community engagement.
Support your analysis with a minimum of 10 references from peer-reviewed journals and governmental websites from the last 5 years.
You may wish to include a reflective model, such as the GIBBs reflective cycle, to provide structure to your work.
The following format is recommended:
1.Introduction (150 words)
2.Reflective analysis (1200 words)
3.Conclusion (150 words)
Note that you will be assessed on the nature of your reflective writing, the depth of your thinking, and critical analysis (drawing from relevant academic research), of your learning experiences and knowledge as related to this unit of study. Your personal opinions and accounts of experiences are your own and will not be assessed.
• 1500words +/- 10%. Reference list is NOT included in the word count.
• Use of heading and subheading to structure your writing is recommended
• Format your assessment with size 12 Calibri/Times New Romans, double spacing with left-blocking for paragraphs.
• Use CDU APA 7th referencing style
• Complete the footer with last name_studentnumber_NUR539_ Reflection Assessment
• Complete spelling and grammar check using English(Australia) default
• Submit your word document on “ Critical reflection Turnitin submission point”.
You may choose to draw on the following supplementary resources:
• ld people’s home for 4-year-olds: https://iview.abc.net.au/show/old-people-s-home-for-4-year-olds
• Aged Care Diversity Framework (2018): https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/aged-care-diversity-framework
• UN Decade of Healthy Ageing: https://www.who.int/initiatives/decade-of-healthy-ageing
• Australian Institute of Health Welfare. (2021). Older people. https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports-data/population-groups/older-people/overview